Finally caught up!






I've basically caught up on our blog. Time is just flying by too quickly. I can't believe that at this time last year I was preparing to fly back to Utah pregnant with 2 boys to have Isabel. We only have a year left, Lincoln is almost 5, Sawyer is so big and talks so much, and Isabel is getting close to walking! It has been a wonderful year! We are having a little post family depression though. It was so nice to see our family and now we go into another 10 months drought. Maybe someone will be able to visit next May, hint, hint! It's a beautiful place. By the way, if anyone want to come for Christmas, you could witness a big 500 year celebration for the first use of the Christmas tree ever recorded in history. That's right folks, it happened right here in RIga. So, the celebration will be grand!

On another note, Lincoln and Sawyer started preschool with a great teacher. She and her family are also in the foreign service, they moved here a few months ago from Costa Rica. Her kids are older, 15, 13, 12 and 9. She's been teaching preschool for a long time and is really good. The only problem was finding other kids to join. Everyone else already had a preschool/daycare to put their kids in. No one wanted something only a few days a week for a few hours. Luckily we found one other family, with 3 kids, 3,2,1. Crazier than us, all boys. So their 3 and 2 year old boy go and Lincoln and Sawyer. She's only ever taught 4-5 year olds, but we had to add the brothers too. We had no other option. It is actually working really good. She wish's she could do so much more for Lincoln. SHe says he is sooo ready for kindergarten, loves to learn! But since the other kids are younger, she needs to keep all of their attention. She is doing great and the boys love it. They go 2 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours.

I also found a great Judo place for the boys. Last week was the first week! They can go 3 times a week if we want, but since it is at 6pm we think they can only handle 2 times a week. It's a class for Lincoln's age, but Sawyer just joins in and does everything the big boys are doing. I'm so glad we found something like this. For this age it is basically a gym class, they totally need a padded room to just run run run and yell in. It is going to be so great for the winter. I'll have to put video up.

Well, this is my updates, finally. I'll try and be better and hope you are not to bored with the past 2 days trying to catch up.

One more thing, I'm taking this online photo class, so I'll just put some photos I've been taking.

Comments

Linn said…
Your photos are literally amazing! I could look at them all day. And I love reading the updates--glad you guys are doing well!
Cassi said…
I am so jealous of your photography skills. That first pic of Isabelle is gorgeous. She is so beautiful.
emilyaaa said…
YAY for all your blogging! No wonder you haven't had a chance to post anything in a while! I am so glad you got to see so much family. Hopefully it's enough to get you thru the upcoming winter months! If not--just come visit ME!! :)

isabel is beautiful. i can't get enough pictures of her. seriously. and your boys are adorable!

thanks for all the updates!!
Erin said…
Wow! I think I'm finally caught up reading. What great trips you've had! We went to Italy a few years ago with Olivia and LOVED it!! Italians are so friendly towards kids! Latvia looks beautiful! I might have to make a push for a visit...if not Latvia, China for sure!!!

Love and miss you guys! Your kiddos are getting so big.

Also, great job with the photos! Love them!
Chris and Emily said…
Hi Lisa, I love your pictures. And I'm so glad you've had so many fun adventures with your family there lately. What photography class are you taking? We just got a new camera and are trying to figure out how to use the manual settings - so far - could use some help.
Andrea said…
That picture of Isabel is stunning. She is gorgeous!! I love reading about your adventures! Miss you.
Jill said…
I loved living your trip to Italy/Venice. That is our families next big trip, planned for the dedication of the Rome Italy Temple. Your parents look great! I haven't seen them for a long time. Your family is having an experience of a life time. Jill

Popular Posts