Mabel Lucy Busby

Our sweet Mabel was born on Thursday, Jan 19th at 3:33am. She was 6 pounds 1 ounce, 19 3/4 inches long.

We are so happy to have her here. 40 weeks is a really long time. We went in on Wednesday night around 10pm. I had been having contractions on and off for the past couple of days. I never had that before, so I didn't know when to go in. I was a little frustrated. But, they seemed to have been getting stronger, but still inconsistent. I was a little worried because I didn't want it to happen too fast and I was positive for Strep B and they want you to be on antibiotics for around 8 hours. Which wasn't going to happen, my labors are not that long. So, we decided to go in, after putting the kids to bed. We have some really good neighbors, the Allens, who have 4 kids of their own. Jen came down and stayed the night. Then she got Lincoln and her kids off to school in the morning. She is amazing. They have done so much to help us. So I went to the hospital, worried they would send me back. Luckily, we were there for the night. The nurse said I was a 4 when I got there, but by the time the doctor came and checked me, he said I was only a 2. Kind of funny, but at least I wasn't going to be sent home. He gave me a little pitocine, but I had already been having really consistent, close together contractions anyway. I had this small desire to try without any epidural. Not sure why I wanted to do this, but I wanted to try. I figured it couldn't be so bad. But as the contractions got really close together and really really painful and it was 1am, I decided I didn't have the energy to continue for a few more hours like this. So I asked for the epidural. It took a while before they could get me one and by the time the anesthesiologist came, he was worried I wouldn't be able to get one if I waited any longer. So I finally got the epidural and it was sooooooo nice. It's just so nice to take the edge off. I could relax and not shake. I seriously don't know why people don't want epidurals. Things progressed quickly and she was born at 3:33am. It was a little scary, Mabel's heart rate wasn't doing very good. I felt like she was ready to be born, but the doctor was delivering someone else, so they were waiting for him. But her heart rate was worrying them, so they had me wear oxygen. They called for the resident and got everything ready and the doctor walked in right as she was being born. She looked great and had a great cry. It was so relieving to hear that cry. I couldn't believe she was so tiny. My other kids were 8.3, 8.9, 7.11, Mabel was a tiny 6 pounds 1 ounce. So tiny. She was 19 1/2 inches long. She sure does look like our other kids though. She is a Busby.

Mabel Lucy was named after her great great grandmother and her great grandmother. Kelly's great grandmother is Mabel Whitmer and he really loved her. My grandmother Lucy was such a wonderful person and she just recently passed away a week before Christmas. So we wanted to name her Lucy also. So she has meaning behind her name, while the other kids just got names we liked. I think Mabel fits our tiny little peanut. It is a very old and not used anymore name, but I really like it.











Comments

jo said…
Wonderful story! I'm so glad it was a good experience and that Mabel had a good cry. What a beautiful baby. She looks comfy in her dad's arms. Give her a squeeze from us. Can't wait to meet her.
Chris and Emily said…
Wow! She's beautiful. Congratulations!
emilyaaa said…
oh my word, she is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear more about her arrival and to finally see pictures of her!!!! She does look like her siblings, but she's got her own look, too. I love her name, too! I'm so happy for you guys!! And i can't wait to see more pictures of your little tiny beauty!!
The Robins Nest said…
SO BEAUTIFUL! We miss you guys!
Linn said…
Love the name and she is just absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!
KiLee said…
Belated congratulations! She is adorable & I really love the name!
MariLouise said…
Lisa, she is SO cute and I really love the name, as well as the special meaning behind it. Aghhh, you have a happy houseful of children! Amazing! :) I miss you!
Cassi said…
just beautiful!

Popular Posts