Lincoln's Class Party


The boys sitting next to Lincoln are good friends of his. David and Jason. Sadly Jason just moved back to Korea, we never did get a play date with him.
This is Lincoln's good friend Malia Frazier. They live in our building and go to our church. They are also in the foreign service and are leaving to St. Petersburg in February. We are sure going to miss them. Her mom, Angela (below) and I are good friends. She came to help with the class party and played some games with the kids. Malia wants to marry Lincoln. When I came to help, all the girls were asking her when she was going to marry Lincoln. It was really funny. I guess she is always finding the boy she wants to marry at school. Lincoln is clueless. But he does love playing with her.

Lincoln is really enjoying school and really likes his teachers. He has 25 kids in his class, and 2 teachers. He is learning how to read and write. They are working on these journals in class. They draw a picture about something they have been doing, then write about it. They are supposed to sound it out and do it on their own. It is so much fun to see how his mind works and how he is getting better and better. The teachers write a translation on the side so you can see what they wanted to say. I can't wait to see it at the end of the year.
Lincoln is also in this advanced math class. It really just blows me away because I never taught him any of this math, he is just getting it. The teacher has a blog and talks about what they are doing. They have homework once a week. Lincoln has been in the class for about a month and a half and is not completely lost, so that is good. She says he is about in the middle, so not too bad.
Lincoln had a book party in November and I made some sugar cookies in the shape of The Cat in the Hat's hat. The kids loved decorating them. Lincoln was very careful while decorating the hat so it would look like the cats hat. Here are some pictures of the class party.

Comments

Popular Posts