Sigulda












A couple of weekends ago we rented a car and drove to Sigulda. It is a beautiful place with a few cool castles and other fun things to do. When we saw the first castle the boys were more interested in the rocks than the castle, but they still had a ton of fun just being outside. At one of the castles Lincoln and Kelly got to shoot some bow and arrows. Lincoln just loved it and Kelly even got more points then the other guys that day, so he was pretty proud of himself. After the castles, we went to an amusement park and rode a Ferris Wheel, which Kelly was really scared to do with the kids. The boys were very brave and loved it. Then Kelly and Lincoln rode a sort of bob sled down the mountain and rode the ski lift back up. That was really exciting. Afterward we drove on to Cesis another town not too far away. Kelly had to run to the bathroom and left for a few mins while we were outside by a water fountain. At first the boys were just looking at it, then they got closer and closer. I was busy taking pictures, so I didn't notice they had gotten really wet. As you notice, they are in coats, so it was pretty cold. Kelly couldn't believe I let them get wet when it was so cold. So we striped them and put new warm clothes on, but I didn't think about their feet, they were wet. So we took off our socks and put them on their feet and just pushed them in a stroller. It was a cute town with another cool castle, but we couldn't go in since the boys didn't have any shoes to wear. Whoops!!! Next time. It was a fun day, on the way home we stopped off at the grocery store to buy food since we had a car. It was really excited taking two really tired boys in their pjs the the grocery store at 9 o'clock at night, we spent a lot of money since we had a car. We just can't wait to get our car!

Comments

Cassi said…
It looks like so much fun Lisa. I hope your car comes soon. That is kind of a pain. Did you get Sawyer's crib yet? So I just need to call you. I haven't talked to you forever.
Linn said…
Seriously, you guys are so exciting! I love that you are doing this and I love to hear all about it!
Erin said…
How fun, even with the wet feet. :) Latvia looks like a beautiful country.
cambersue said…
so...is it so nice to have a working husband that's not in school? i'm ready for that. what a beautiful place to live...looks that you're enjoying it!
Alicia Ballard said…
what an exciting adventure you're on!! love the castle pictures!!
cambersue said…
Hey Lisa, this is Jerry... I was talking with Camber about you and telling her about all the places you've lived and why you speak Russian. I know you taught English in Russia for a time but I don't know the specifics. Weren't you in Japan/China for a while as well? Sorry I can't remember the details... dental school has made me dumber. Anyway, your life looks like it's full of adventure. I love the picture you son took of the sunflower... keep him snapping the pics.

Popular Posts