Sweden part II









On Saturday and Sunday we visited Junibaken which is a Pippi Longstocking Museum. This was a really cute museum dedicated to Astrid Lindgren, the author of Pippi Longsocking and other cute stories. They had some really cute plays acting out some of her characters. Then we went to Skansen which is a really cool zoo and museum of cultural history. We got to see some cool bears and reindeer along with recreated villages of old Sweden. They had a great pastry shop with excellent pastries, much better than here. After the zoo, we went to our hotel and to bed. At 3:30am we woke up to a crazy guy in our hallway, but that didn't last long, other than that we slept well. On Sunday we went to City Hall, which is where they hold the dinner for the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. Then we walked around Old Town Stockholm, really quaint and cute city. Afterwards we went to the Vasa museum. This was a really neat museum with a ship 333 years old. It is in really good condition. I couldn't believe it was so old, then I heard the story. Very sad story. The ship was made so intricate and beautiful, that when they took it out to sea for the first time it didn't make it out of the harbor. Once they raised the sails the ship sunk. So it sad in Stockholm's harbor for 333 years. Sad story, and I have to confess it didn't make it seem as neat. I had pictured the adventures this ship went on, then found out it didn't go on any. Sad story. So that was our fun quick trip to Sweden. It's so fun to live so close to these different countries. Our next adventure is Paris. We are all flying to Paris on my way home. Kelly is coming with us and we are spending a couple days in Paris, then I will fly with the boys to Utah and Kelly will go back to Riga all alone for the next 5 weeks.

Comments

Linn said…
It looks like a great adventure! We will definitely be thinking of your sweet family in the next five weeks. Good luck with all that will be happening.
Jill said…
Those orange coats are my favorite! How cute are those boys with them on. I love living vicariously through you.
Andrea said…
You guys are such party animals! I love all your adventures! And that story about the ferry is funny. Props to Kelly for telling you to put on a life jacket. I think you deserved that for making him get up in the middle of the night to calm your crazy nerves. :) Love you!!
Erin said…
Great pictures! I can't wait to hear about Paris. I can't wait to come visit you guys someday! :)

Popular Posts