Sweden part I






Last weekend we took a trip to Stockholm, Sweden. We had a great time. Stockholm is such a beautiful city and we had beautiful weather. The boys did really good traveling also. We took an overnight Ferry to Sweden and stayed in a hotel one night, so we left Friday night at 5:30 and arrived in Sweden at 9 am, then stayed the night in a hotel close to the Ferry dock and spent Saturday and Sunday in Stockholm, then we returned on the 5 pm ferry boat and arrived back in Riga at 11 am. A quick but fun trip. The ferry on the way was fun, the boys loved it, except for at 1:30 in the morning I finally got up and had them switch rooms for us since we were right below the disco and I could not sleep. The boys slept good and Kelly was asleep, he fell asleep before the music started, so it didn't bother him, but I was going crazy. I really should have gotten up earlier and had them switch us. I slept good after that. On the way back we had a very rocky ride. I guess the spring and fall are not the best times to ride the Ferry to Sweden. It was very windy and very choppy, I couldn't sleep and kept wondering how I was going to swim with these boys in the freezing water if we sank. So at 1:30 in the morning I had Kelly get up and walk around the ferry to make sure no one look worried and to look at the ship to make sure it didn't look like it was going to sink. He came back telling me that everyone was getting on their life jackets. I totally believed him for a minute. Of course everything was fine, but it didn't calm down until we got in the bay on Riga. I'm glad we all made it alive. I get so nervous traveling on planes and boats, especially since having kids. When we returned home I heard from others about one of those Ferry's from Tallin, Estonia to Stockholm that sunk 10 years ago. Not many survived. So I'm just glad we made it home and especially that I didn't know that story till after we came back. That was a long time ago and they have not had any problems since.

Comments

emilyaaa said…
who do you people think you are? just spending the weekend in sweden like it ain't no thing.

that's awesome.

and i am afraid of boats and planes, too, and think that kelly is the meanest thing for doing that to you!! but reid just about busted a gut when i told him...boys! :)

love to hear about your adventures...and see your itty-bitty baby belly!! you all look so great and happy. it's hard to stay mad at you for not moving right next door to me instead of riga :)
Erin said…
What a fun adventure! I'm glad you guys survived, too. A ferry ride would be fun, but an all night ferry might be a little much. :)

Sweden looks beautiful.

Popular Posts