A trip to the store
Can I just say there are some things that are just not much fun doing here in Latvia. One of them is going to the store. We are going to get our car on Friday, so as soon as we get our car it is going to be a ton easier, but today i had to go to the store with the boys because I invited some people over for dinner tonight. My Russian teacher and another couple taking Russian from her also. First of all, Sawyer was up all night, not feeling so well, so I'm tired. Second it is really windy and cold outside. Third I had to go to the store. So I took the boys in the jogging stroller across the river to the big store because my stroller doesn't fit through the checkout in any of the stores closer. But I was also really hoping a pumpkin would be there because I didn't want to have to walk to the open air market to buy a pumpkin also. And I got lucky there was two pumpkins. It's a little harder to find them here than in America. Anyway, so we walked to the store and in the store Lincoln wanted to push the little kids cart and Sawyer wanted to ride in the car cart, so Lincoln pushed the little kids cart, I pushed Sawyer in the car cart and I pulled my big double jogger behind me. We were quite the sight. Luckily we were there before all the kids come for lunch. So we bought our stuff and walked home. Kelly met us outside our apartment and carried everything upstairs. It is so nice he works a block away. I just made some yummy beef stew in a pumpkin, I hope it turns out because it was quite the trip. But one of our last without our car and before going to Utah for 3 months. Fun stuff.
Comments
I remember living in Luxembourg without a car. Grocery shopping was not fun! But not as bad as not having your stroller fit in the aisles.