Wang Fujing
Wang Fujing
This was a very interesting trip downtown. We met our good friends the Wiltbanks: Cory and Kelli and their 4 kids: Alex, Clare, Bradley and Calvin. They wanted to take us to this awesome street where they sell all kinds of different things to eat, including: star fish, scorpiens, snakes, eels, squids, shrimp with heads still on them, all sorts of different bugs, all on a stick for you to eat. I need to go back to take some more pictures of Chinese people eating these things. It was pretty cool seeing people with these Starfish on a stick, just chowing down like it is a hotdog or something.
While we waited for our friends to meet us, we were surrounded by Chinese people wanting to take pictures of the kids. Luckily we had our big stroller, Sawyer got really upset because some guy just came up and touched his cheeks. Really strange, I know, seriously, don't touch our kids please. I learned how to say: "you can look, but don't touch. I used the stroller as a little blocker. Izzy was hilarious though. As you can see in this picture, she's in this stance, trying to fight off those who want to take her picture. She's ready to protect her brothers.
I am going to tell a really embarrassing story about this trip downtown. I am only telling it, for the purpose of my blog book, because I am really embarrassed about what I did.
So, after this evening of having so many people want to touch our children and take pictures of them. And the Wan Fu Jin street was so packed with people, Lincoln was crying because there was no food for him on the street, not quite sure why he didn't want to eat snake on a stick. Anyway, we decided to take them to McDonalds in this mall, you can see it in the picture below. It turns out, it is a pretty big place, and only 2 elevators. We had to take the elevator since we had this huge stroller. The escalator is right behind us and there is a line, or mob of people trying to use the elevator. I was really annoyed because these people have 2 good legs and they can use the escalator, why are they waiting for the elevator. So I tell them all to use the escalator instead of the elevator. This, mind you, is in english, I figure, if I speak loud enough and motion to them, they will understand. I think they just thought i was crazy. So, when the elevator doors open, I get in front of the people and don't let anyone in. I holler to Kelly to bring the stroller in the elevator. He thinks I'm crazy, but he pushes through these people and pushes the stroller on the elevator. The elevator is too small for him to fit, so I he takes the escalator. But, come to find out, this is a special elevator, it does not stop on every floor, it just goes straight to the 6th floor. So there was a reason they were waiting for the elevator, to go straight to the top. I just needed the second floor. So when Kelly finds out, he runs to the top and meets us there. I was really embarrassed for kicking these people out of the elevator, I don't know what came over me. To make matters worse, those people I kicked out took the other elevator and we crossed paths as they got out of the elevator, we got back in because we were on the wrong floor. So I admit it, I was acting really strangely. It was a bad China day...
Comments