Sawyers Preschool

I am back.  It has been a long while since I have posted anything.  I am going to truly try and catch up.  We have been having problems with our VPN (the only way we can log onto facebook and blogs and many other sites).  Today it is working so I am going to take advantage of it.  We also had a Relief Society lesson on remembering our lives and our children's lives and writing things down, taking pictures and video.  So now I am going to try and catch up, because I don't to forget our year in Beijing, China.  Because it is only going to be a year.  We found out we have to go to Chengdu  year earlier because the person Kelly is replacing left post early.  So we are leaving Beijing in June.  I will talk about that later, for now I need to catch up.

Sawyers Preschool:  I have been going back and forth about keeping Sawyer in this preschool or not.  He just hasn't loved it, well, actually, I think he really does like it, it is just so hard for him to let me go in the morning.  He had a great teacher, Mr. Humphrey, he would always come down and personally get Sawyer and get him interested in something else.  If he wasn't there he was usually pulling on me and crying.  I thought it would get better by the end of the semester, but it never got to the point of him going without some kind of trouble.  Then, to make matters worse, Mr. Humphrey left at the of December.  A new teacher came.  I was so worried about it.  How was I supposed drop Sawyer off at school without Mr. Humphrey there to get him.  Sawyers preschool is also a bilingual preschool.  The first half of the day is in English and the second half in Chinese.  He never wants to go to the Chinese teachers, especially when I drop him off in the morning.  So when Mr. Humphrey left we struggled a bit.  I let him go 3 half days a week for a while instead of 3 whole days.  Then one day I came to pick him up and he didn't want to go home.  So I just left him.  I was so happy!  He is finally liking school!!!  He really likes his new teacher, he is getting used to his Chinese teachers and really likes learning new things.  He loves Science and he is recognizing letters much better and even learning how to read.

Now since this is also my journal I will add that this past week I have seen a huge change in Sawyer.  He has had this #2 pooping problem for soooo long.  He goes back and forth better every 2 day, 3, 4, and even 5 days between pooping.  Not very fun!  But I decided to try him on Miralax again and i am so glad I did it!!!  Seriously I can't believe I didn't to it earlier, I feel so bad for the poor boy.  He is a different boy now.  He is so much happier, he doesn't get moody, I just can't tell you how happy I am that this little boy is pooping everyday now.  This is great news for us!!!!

 I love it when kids learn how to draw.  I think this picture looks just like Sawyer with the spiky hair.


 This is a picture of the spiders we see on the way to school.  This is the only way I could get Sawyer out the door to go to preschool.  I had to tell him we could stop and look at these spiders.  They were so bid and when we drove the Tuk Tuk they were so close to us.  Once we saw one rolling up a butterfly getting read to suck it's blood.  Pretty cool.


Here are pictures of my sweet boy Sawyer with an airplane Grandma and Grandpa Busby sent him.  He just loves airplanes.

Comments

Popular Posts