Isabel update



I thought since i haven't been updating my blog for a while I would write about each of the kids and what they have been up to, starting with Isabel. She is so much fun, has so much energy, is so sweet and sassy and bossy and silly and copy's everything I do, especially when I scold the boys. She is getting so big so fast. We love this little girl so much!

1.
Isabel loves the water and isn't afraid of getting her face wet, as you can see in this picture.
2. She is always undressing herself. We need to keep a onesie on her or she will just take everything off including her diaper. She really wants to be potty trained, but we are waiting till we get to China, we don't want to deal with that on the airplane. We bought her Dora underwear and whenever we talk about China, she starts talking about her Dora underwear and how she is going to wear it in China.
3. She loves to scream, especially when we are in the car and Sawyer wants her to be quiet. They scream at each other saying "Too Loud Sawyer, too loud!!!" "Izzy stop screaming I want to sleep" Izzy has started copying Sawyer telling him she wants to sleep when he is too loud in the car.
4. She was terrified of her shadow when she starting noticing shadows. Her tricycle was in the kitchen and the shadow looked pretty scary. Izzy started calling it a "bad guy" and screaming and trying to run to me but then she started noticing "bad guys" everywhere. She was freaking out. I felt pretty bad for the little girl. I had to carry her a lot that day, she didnt' want to be on the floor with all those bad guys. She has gotten over that and now she just gets mad if people step on her shadow.
5. Isabel loves, loves, loves her baby and her baby stroller. She tries to never leave the house without them. Every morning when we take Lincoln to the bus Izzy says "WAIT A ME, Get my baby and my baby stroller and by baby mulk, and my bag. WAIT A ME!!!" Just today I had my big double BOB stroller with Mabel and Sawyer and Izzy in it. We walked to preschool. She walked all the way home, then to pick him up, she grabbed her baby and baby stroller and her new Dora backpack and walked all the way to Sawyer's preschool and back. She is a good walker and just loves to be just like mommy. When we go through doorways she either pulls as hard as she can to open the door and will hold it open for everyone, or if she has her stroller, she will go through backwards, because that is what I do with that big double. Her baby is named "Baby" and she is never dressed. I will put clothes on the baby, but they don't last long. She can take them off pretty easily, but it is too hard to put them on, so her baby is undressed, but she is usually covered with a baby blanket. A good friend of mine made me a blanket for Mabel and made one the same just smaller for Izzy's baby.
6. Izzy always wants to use the potty and she often tries to help wipe herself when changing her diaper. It is not so helpful when it is a poopy diaper. I know, we really need to potty train her, she really really wants it.
7. Isabel is really good at riding her tricycle. Just a couple of days ago I did a rather stupid thing. Sawyer and Izzy wanted to ride their bikes, but I wanted to walk to CVS to get some laundry soap. I thought Mabel would be fine because I had just fed her and it wasn't that long of a walk, but it is uphill. So I said they could ride their bikes to the store. BAD BAD BAD idea. They did really good at the beginning, but like I said, it is all uphill, and at the end it gets a little hard with the streets and lights and cars and everything. And on top of my with 3 kids, one big double stroller with a crying baby, Sawyer on his bike, Izzy on her tricycle and the wind really whipping. This was not one of my smarter days. Sawyer got tired and didn't want to go any further when we were about 3/4 a way there, but I thought we might as well try and finish since we are so close. He was crying and trying to pull his bike, but the training wheels kept hitting his heels. We finally made it to CVS with 2 crying kids. We weren't there very long and the trip back was worse. Sawyer really really really didn't want to ride. I had to put Izzy in the stroller and carry her bike since it was all downhill and I didn't want her to get hit by a car. Sawyer basically threw a fit the whole way home, eventually I let Sawyer ride a little and I pulled his bike, but Mabel was crying so hard I had to pick her up. So when we were almost home, I let Izzy walk, and made Sawyer pull his bike and I carried Mabel. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. I think I thought I could do it since we always did that in Latvia, but it was no uphill, only flat and we didn't have to cross that many roads. So not a smart idea.
8. Isabel loves to jump and to go running. She puts her baby to bed in her baby's crib, turns the fan on, since that is what I do when she goes to sleep. Then she shuts her bedroom door and says "My Baby sleeping" Then she goes to the closet and gets her Dora shoes on and says "I go running, I exercise". Then she starts running in a circle around our kitchen table and living room couch. She does just what mommy does. I put Mabel to bed, then try and go for a run. I'm trying to get back into it. She is so adorable.
9. Izzy loves, loves, loves Dora the Explorer as you can see from the last picture. We are at the Doctors office and she is still in her Dora pjs that she wouldn't take off. And that is a hat my mom knitted that she always likes to put on.

We just love this little girl, she has so much personality.














Comments

Beth said…
I love everything about this post and that beautiful girl!! Great stories, awesome pictures Lisa. xox
Beth said…
Oh and I think her hair looks like Michaels when he has it shaggy, it's a lot lighter in some of those pictures than I thought.
Andrea said…
I love the updates Lisa! Your kids are beyond adorable. I wish I could see you before you leave for China!
MariLouise said…
Wow, she is a beautiful, beautiful child! I'm so mad that we are missing you by just a few days. Have fun in China! :)

Popular Posts