Jurmala, The Beach!
We went to Jurmala on Saturday. It was really fun. We took the train there. The boys loved riding on the train. It wasn't too bad. The train ride is about 30 mins. We can walk to it, it takes about 10-15 mins to walk to the train station. The train takes you straight to the beach, so it was really convenient. I just can't do it by myself because of the stairs to get on the train. But I'm really excited to have a car and go there all summer next summer. It only takes about 20 min in the car. The kids just love playing in the sand at the beach. It was a little cold though. We took off the boys jackets to make sure they don't get wet. Sawyer stayed pretty dry, but Lincoln got his pants completely wet, so after playing at the beach we took off Lincoln's pants and undies and put my jacket around him till we founds a place to buy some pants for him. I felt bad because he already had a cold and then he was wet and it was cold outside. We found a store and bought some cool Latvian pants and underwear. After playing at the beach we went to an Asian restaurant to eat dinner. We always do thing like this and then say we really shouldn't eat out with our kids. They are crazy and very loud. The food took too long and the place was small and quiet and Lincoln and Sawyer are not quiet at all. So it was very interesting. We ended up switching off after the kids ate so we could eat in peace and quiet. Next time we will bring something to eat.
I'm really liking living here. I'm getting to know the people at the parks. I'm so glad I speak Russian, it helps so much. I use it all the time. Everyone speaks Latvian and Russian, and are more comfortable in those languages then English, so I get to know people so much better with my Russian. And you usually see the same people at the parks so it is fun. Our week is pretty busy, Lincoln is in preschool Mon, Wed and Thurs from 9 - 2, then on Thursday we go to an international play group for Sawyer and on Friday they have an International play group for Lincoln's age. So we only have Tuesday's free. It's nice to have places to go. Especially once it gets too cold to play outside.








I'm really liking living here. I'm getting to know the people at the parks. I'm so glad I speak Russian, it helps so much. I use it all the time. Everyone speaks Latvian and Russian, and are more comfortable in those languages then English, so I get to know people so much better with my Russian. And you usually see the same people at the parks so it is fun. Our week is pretty busy, Lincoln is in preschool Mon, Wed and Thurs from 9 - 2, then on Thursday we go to an international play group for Sawyer and on Friday they have an International play group for Lincoln's age. So we only have Tuesday's free. It's nice to have places to go. Especially once it gets too cold to play outside.
Comments