Don't forget dying eggs!

Sawyer and Alice
Wendy eating a rice crispy treat, very American and very sugary!


We dyed eggs with our good friends from Australia:  Wendy, May and Alice.  We just love hanging out.  Alice and Sawyer like to hug and kiss and Lincoln and May are trying not to fight all the time.  Wendy is so much fun.  We like to introduce them to good old American things, like eating with just a fork and no knife.  We had a Lasagna bake off.  She made some Australian style and invited us over.  They ate with a knife in the right hand and fork in the left the whole time.  We didn't know what to do with our knives.  It was very strange to them, so we had them over last night and they ate my American Lasagna.  They tried to eat it with just a fork.  Occa, her husband, said it was making his right hand very tired.  We are just very uncivilized.  I never grew up using a knife to eat with except for when eat chicken or beef.  And then I had cut with my right hand and switch my fork to my right to eat it.  Very time consuming.  We also try an introduce them to plenty of American sugar.  She said in one of her Australian cook books it said if you want to make some american food just cut the sugar in half and it will be more like the Australians are used to.  Do we eat that much sugar?  I'm sure I do.  I really need to stop.   We love these guys and are going to miss them so much!

Comments

Deanne said…
I think you're right about the sugar thing. I need to cut back too...but it's just so good.
Holly said…
Wow! You had a fun Easter! Cute pics.
Beth said…
I love this post! Little cultural differences like the knife thing fascinate me. And I love the difference in Sawyer and Alice's friendship compared to Lincoln and May's. So cute!!

Popular Posts