Rome

Rome, Rome, Rome, Rome - need I say more. My brother and mom were so incredibly nice and stayed with the kids while Kelly and I took off to Rome for 4 days. Boy was it fun! I don't remember when we took a trip without the kids. I think we did it once for just a couple of days and that was just to boring Delaware. This time we even took a relaxing flight. I almost got bored. What do you do on a plane flight when you don't have to take care of kids? The first couple of nights in Rome we stayed at a hostel, we had our own room and everything, but a community bathroom. Kind of gross, but we were lucky to book our tickets for a very very busy weekend in Rome. Some tennis tournament was going on, so it was really hard to find a place to stay. This hostel was nice and cheaper and right by the train to downtown. You even got to have breakfast(fresh ccroissant and juice) in the cafe next door for free for staying in the hostel. Yummy!
Our first adventure was taking a great tour of the Forum and Colosseum. I was so glad we had a tour, otherwise I would not know what I was looking at. They did such a great job. We kept commenting on how nice it was not to worry about keeping the kids quiet, hydrated, fed and happy. Rome was also extremely packed, strollers would not have been easy. So this is one trip we are extremely grateful we were able to take by ourselves!!!



One of the best things about Rome is the food. Yummy yummy, pasta, pizza, GELATO!!! We just didn't get such great food like this in Latvia. It was about time.




We also had a tour of the Vatican. This place was pretty impressive!




Good ol' Ryan Air got us simi cheaply to Rome and back safely. Happy to have spent some wonderful and needed alone time with my wonderful, hard working, loving husband. And happy to come back to our beautiful children. They did awesome while we were away. Sawyer had the hardest time, since he really likes me to lay down with him to get him to sleep, so it was a little of an adjustment. And of course the house was clean, since my mom is amazing and works too hard. Thanks guys!!!

Comments

Popular Posts