Pirates!





While Kellys parents were in town we went on a pirate ship in Annapolis. It was tons of fun. I wasn't sure how Lincoln would do because we had had a long week, but he just loved it. They had all the kids dress up and then told them they were going on the pirate ship to look for the hidden treasure. While on the ship they had them learn some pirate phrases and actions. They had the kids look for the lost map hidden on the deck. Then they found a bottle floating in the water with some clues in it. Then they found another pirate in a little row boat. He had the keys to the treasure and wouldn't give them up, so they kids had to shoot the cannons full of water at him. It was really funny, the ship turned around three times so all the kids could get this guy with water. Lincoln was lucky because he got one of the keys to the treasure chest. It was really small, but Lincoln held on and didn't loose it. Finally we found the treasure and they pulled it up over the boat. Lincoln got to open one of the locks. Inside was tons of gold coins and other toys. Lincoln got to be the first one to get some treasure. He went up and took one gold coin, then the guys gave me a handful of stuff. After a while Lincoln noticed he didn't get any green things from the treasure chest. He saw some mixed in. Green is Lincoln's favorite color. He wants everything green. He had them paint a mustache and anchor on him in green. So when he saw the green toys he really wanted them. He kept going back to get some more, but the guy kept saying that he already got his treasure. Then I explained how much he liked green, so he picked out all the green things and gave them to Lincoln. He was sooo happy! He is so funny how he loves green. I guess Kelly's mom said green was Kelly's favorite color for a really long time. I remember when we were dating Kelly still wore these ugly green dragon pants. I made him throw them away when we got married. I guess green is still his favorite color.

On a side note Lincoln's favorite animals are elephants, giraffes and zebras. He goes crazy over those three.

Comments

Lara said…
A pirate ship!? How fun! I think my kids would have a blast--even the girls.

PS the pictures are SO cute!
Angie said…
So jealous- my boys would love this-maybe we'll come visit.
Erin said…
Ooo...we'll have to try out the pirate ship when we move out there! So great!

Popular Posts