Chengdu!!!
Ok, so it has been a long while since I have updated my blog. But I have decided not to go backwards, I have to go forwards. It just takes too long to recap everything. Ok, maybe a few sentences about the past 5 months. We left Beijing, packed our house (again), left our wonderful Zhang Ayi, got on a plane, flew to Salt Lake. Woke up way too early too many times because of jet lag, found out we had lice (me, Lincoln, Sawyer, Izzy) had to get rid of lice, (what a pain in the butt, we think we got it from friends in China), stayed a week in Utah, drove to Arizona, met Kelly's parents halfway, camped, ended up staying in cabin with Mabel, turns out she is a very bad camper, drove to Arizona, the Busby's gathered for a wonderful July 4th reunion, we all drove to LA, did the beach, Disneyland, stayed in a great place, drove to Utah, Kelly flew to Chengdu, I stayed with the kids for the next 6 weeks, made a mess of my parents house, had tons of fun, went to Lagoon, enjoyed their nice backyard, shopping, clean air, buying too many things, went to a Rodeo, then finally on August 16th I flew home with the 4 kids mostly by myself, my dad flew with me to LA, he was a big help, I flew the 15 hours alone with the kids, they didn't do too bad, Kelly met up with us in Guanzhou, we all flew home to Chengdu together!!!!!!!
OK, so maybe I should elaborate on the flight home, just so it is fresh, we don't want to forget and think I can do it again anytime soon. At least we have to wait a year before flying to America again!!! My dad was really worried about me flying by myself, so he flew to LA with us. It was really good that he did that because the kids were so tired. We left Utah at 8pm, and by the time I got on the international flight to China it was midnight. And LA is a really crazy airport, very big. So my dad helped us walk to the next terminal once we were in LA. I had a big double stroller, 4 tired kids, 4 backpacks, a carseat and a couple of extra bags. So we had to exit security, and walk out of the airport to the International Terminal. I had to check in again and then go through security again. They did not let my dad come with me. I was really worried, because Izzy and Sawyer were asleep in the stroller and Mabel was asleep on me. But they found an employee that could help me through security and help me get on the plane. So I said goodbye to my dad and we were off.
Going through security again was very comical. Waking up Izzy and Sawyer was not so fun. They were both hysterical, Mabel started crying also. So I had 3 screaming kids, the employee was helping me get everything on the belt and It was great, I just took care of the screaming kids and he got my stuff through and got our big stroller through. We were quite the show. After getting the stroller back again it was better, we went to the terminal and got on the plane. It was great, he was able to get on the plane with us and help me with all my stuff. The flight wasn't so bad, Izzy and Sawyer fell asleep right away, Lincoln played the ipad till he fell asleep and Mabel, well it took a little longer, but she did fall asleep and went in and out of sleep for about 5 or 6 hours, not so bad on a 15 hour flight.
We flew in to Guanzhou and the flight attendant helped get me off the plane with all our stuff(we always pack way too much for the flight, and way too much food!). We waited for our stroller, than the proceeded to bring my other carseat and 2 booster seats!!!! Why now????? Luckily, the kids were excited to see daddy and they had already slept for a while on the plane, so they walked. I put 2 carseats, 2 booster seats, and 4 backpacks on the stroller (next time need to by rolling carry ons!!!). We made it to customs and through immigration, then we had to get all our luggage!!! So we got 2 carts, we put all the suitcases on the 2 carts, I pushed on Lincoln pushed the other and Sawyer pushed the stroller. We made it around the corner to put our luggage back on the plane. Kelly was on the other side of the glass so the kids ran to him, Mabel wanted to go too so an employee took her to him. I delt with these employees to get our luggage back on , but I had to pay again for them and they didn't take the carseats for free. There are always complications in China. It took about an hour and 3 different tickets areas to get the extra luggage checked in and payed for and to get Kelly's boarding pass.
He still had his hotel room, and we had a couple of hours, so we relaxed a little and ate breakfast at his hotel. Then we got back on an airplane, heading to Chengdu! We had to sit on the tarmak for about an hour, but finally we took off. We made it to a new place! 3 years in Chengdu!
OK, so maybe I should elaborate on the flight home, just so it is fresh, we don't want to forget and think I can do it again anytime soon. At least we have to wait a year before flying to America again!!! My dad was really worried about me flying by myself, so he flew to LA with us. It was really good that he did that because the kids were so tired. We left Utah at 8pm, and by the time I got on the international flight to China it was midnight. And LA is a really crazy airport, very big. So my dad helped us walk to the next terminal once we were in LA. I had a big double stroller, 4 tired kids, 4 backpacks, a carseat and a couple of extra bags. So we had to exit security, and walk out of the airport to the International Terminal. I had to check in again and then go through security again. They did not let my dad come with me. I was really worried, because Izzy and Sawyer were asleep in the stroller and Mabel was asleep on me. But they found an employee that could help me through security and help me get on the plane. So I said goodbye to my dad and we were off.
Going through security again was very comical. Waking up Izzy and Sawyer was not so fun. They were both hysterical, Mabel started crying also. So I had 3 screaming kids, the employee was helping me get everything on the belt and It was great, I just took care of the screaming kids and he got my stuff through and got our big stroller through. We were quite the show. After getting the stroller back again it was better, we went to the terminal and got on the plane. It was great, he was able to get on the plane with us and help me with all my stuff. The flight wasn't so bad, Izzy and Sawyer fell asleep right away, Lincoln played the ipad till he fell asleep and Mabel, well it took a little longer, but she did fall asleep and went in and out of sleep for about 5 or 6 hours, not so bad on a 15 hour flight.
We flew in to Guanzhou and the flight attendant helped get me off the plane with all our stuff(we always pack way too much for the flight, and way too much food!). We waited for our stroller, than the proceeded to bring my other carseat and 2 booster seats!!!! Why now????? Luckily, the kids were excited to see daddy and they had already slept for a while on the plane, so they walked. I put 2 carseats, 2 booster seats, and 4 backpacks on the stroller (next time need to by rolling carry ons!!!). We made it to customs and through immigration, then we had to get all our luggage!!! So we got 2 carts, we put all the suitcases on the 2 carts, I pushed on Lincoln pushed the other and Sawyer pushed the stroller. We made it around the corner to put our luggage back on the plane. Kelly was on the other side of the glass so the kids ran to him, Mabel wanted to go too so an employee took her to him. I delt with these employees to get our luggage back on , but I had to pay again for them and they didn't take the carseats for free. There are always complications in China. It took about an hour and 3 different tickets areas to get the extra luggage checked in and payed for and to get Kelly's boarding pass.
He still had his hotel room, and we had a couple of hours, so we relaxed a little and ate breakfast at his hotel. Then we got back on an airplane, heading to Chengdu! We had to sit on the tarmak for about an hour, but finally we took off. We made it to a new place! 3 years in Chengdu!
Comments