Lost


I lost Lincoln today.  I felt so bad.  We were at our little neighbor Lauren's school program.  She is in kindergarten and Lincoln and Lauren love to play together.  Lauren is such a cute girl.  We were outside playing on the playground and I told Lincoln we had to go.  We were going to go to Lauren's class, then go home with them.  They had a table of cookies so I told him he could get one more cookie before we left.  As he was getting a cookie I saw a friend from church on the other side of the table.  So I passed Lincoln and went to talk to her.  I guess Lincoln didn't see me and thought I had gone inside, so he ran to the school and went inside after me.  Well, I talked to my friend for a minute and then Kathy, Lauren's mom, came over and asked me where Lincoln was.  I didn't see him anywhere.  I looked on the playground and everywhere.  Then I headed for the doors to see if he had gone inside.  He was on the other side of the door crying.  I felt sooooo bad.  I wasn't nervous yet, because it had only been a couple of minutes, but when I saw Lincoln's face I felt like such a bad mom.  I lost him because I was talking to someone else.  This was the first time Lincoln knew he was lost.  You usually can't find your kids at the park for a while, they never know they are lost because they are just playing, but this was the first time Lincoln was looking for me in a crowded place he had never been before and he couldn't find me.  Ohhh my heart was breaking while he was crying on my shoulder, I felt like I let him down.  I'm just glad he didn't go further in the school looking for me, I'm glad it was only a few minutes.  He's fine of course and I'm sure hasn't thought much of it now, but I just love him soooo much and it made me so sad to make him so scared like that just because I wasn't paying attention and I was talking to a friend.  I am blessed to have such adorable boys and I never want them to be scared because they can't find me.  What am I going to do when I go to Latvia and we have three little guys running around.  I guess I am going to have to get some leashes so I don't loose them.    

Comments

Holly said…
Glad your found Lincoln. :-)
The Giles said…
Poor little guy. Broke my heart just reading about it. Glad he's better. So when you say "three little guys running around" does it mean what I think it means?
Linn said…
There is not a worse feeling than the minutes between losing them and finding them. And please don't think you are a bad mom, we have all been there. At least I have...and everyone close to me has. That's everyone right? :)
Rachel said…
Ah I hate that feeling of not being able to find my kids. It's happened more than I would like. The good news is, if they are worried about loosing you, they'll be more aware of where you are next time. I haven't lost Connor but there has been a couple times he couldn't find me and he is usually always stays close (and doesn't put up a fuss when I tell him to hold my hand in a crowd).
So by three little guys mean you have more info??
Deanne said…
How scary! Glad you found him so quickly!
emilyaaa said…
that's the worst feeling in the world! poor little guy!

isn't there something else you'd like to post about now?????? :)
MariLouise said…
Also lost: Perhaps my phone number? Ha ha ha..CALL me!! :P
Alicia Ballard said…
three little guys???? are you telling us something or are refering to Kelly as one of the little guys.... do elaborate
Lara said…
Sorry if I contributed to you losing him, but I'm glad you found him quickly.

Ahem...three little guys? Is this an announcement?
Natalie said…
I am so glad you found Lincoln. Three little ones, is this an announcement???

Popular Posts