Running!

Here's the beautiful W&OD trial.

Here is Lincoln in the jogging stroller

Here is the park we used to run to every morning.

Can I just say I love to run!  I don't love it all the time, it makes me so tired sometimes and so sore it is hard to go up and down the stairs with a 21 pound baby and a 32 pound toddler, but I really do sometimes just love it.  Maybe I love it more now because it is the only time I can just be alone without my adorable boys.  It's just me and sometimes a friend to run with.  We have a great trail here called the W&OD(Washington and Old Dominion Railroad) trail.  It used to be an old railroad that they turned into a running, biking trail.  It is 44 miles long, starting in Shirlington VA, which is really close to DC and ending in Purcellville, VA.  It is so nice.  We live 1.5 miles from the trail.  I've been training for the Baltimore half marathon on this trail.  This past Saturday I had to run 10 miles.  My wonderful neighbors watched the boys at 7am so I could run my 10 miles.  Kelly was out of town, so they were soooo nice to help out the poor single mom (that's what they are starting to call me).  So I dropped them off and started with Erin, a good friend of mine, on the trail for our 10miles.  It was such beautiful weather.  We had to wear long sleeves at first, it was a bit nippy, but after a while it felt so good.  It wasn't humid at all, which made it so nice.  Saturday's the trail is pretty busy, a lot of bikers and tons of runners.  It was so much fun because you keep running into the same people.  Everyone was running their long runs.  I talked to some of the runners and some were doing their 18miles, 10 miles, 15 miles, one guy who passed me was running 23 miles.  They also had some teams running together.  They had a water table set up for their team, but they were so nice to let me have some of their water.  The 10 miles didn't feel bad at all, I really enjoyed it.  Next saturday I am going to run 11 miles, I think I am going to just run into DC and take the metro back, we are about 11 miles out.  It will be fun.

I also ran last week for the first time with Lincoln and Sawyer in the jogging stroller.  Sawyer was not very happy.  I only ran 3 miles, but he lasted about 1.5 miles before he started to cry a lot, then I had to hold him for a while and then put him in for the last half mile.  I'm hoping he will get better at it.  I used to run with Lincoln all  the time.  I loved running with him in the morning, we would run to a park and then Lincoln would play on the playground and then I would run back home.  It was so much fun and so nice to get out of the house in the morning.  I really want to do that again, hopefully Sawyer will get use to it and be happier so I can at least run 3 miles with the boys.  Anyway here are some pictures of when I used to run with Lincoln.

Comments

Jill said…
I love to run also. But we do not have any trails that beautiful. How long does it take you to run 10 miles? I am not that good. I like 5K and 10k's. But I don run 4 days a week about 3 miles each day. Maybe I will have to try to run 10 miles. YIKES@
Angie said…
What a fun trail! I've never even tried to run with my boys- you are a superhero. You are right on track- you will be fabulous. Thanks for all the encouraagement on my training- it really helps to hear from someone who has done it before.

Popular Posts